Accredited degrees by the Royal Society of Biology follows an independent and rigorous assessment of degree programmes which contain a solid academic foundation in biological knowledge and key skills, and prepare graduates to address the needs of employers.
Accreditation of degree programmes by the Royal Society of Biology aims to:
- Recognise academic achievement
- Drive up standards of learning and teaching in the biosciences
- Enhance competitiveness for students in a crowded global jobs market
- Provide industry with an assurance of the level of employability skills and subject relevant bioscience skills provided by a degree
- Maintain and improve the UK’s position as a premier location to develop the life scientists of the future