Key topic areas for sessions include:
- International Regulations and Standards - Precision crop spraying
- On target deposition - Sprayer loading and cleaning
- Spray drift
- Soil/granule applications
- Fruit/vine/vegetable spraying - Pesticide application in developing countries
- Operator exposure including product loading - Crop adapted spraying
- Spray measurement techniques - Post application emission
- Application of bio-pesticides and bio-control agents - Seed treatment
- Application of pheromones - Vector control
- Bystander, Operator and Environmental Exposure - Emerging crops
- Control systems for sprayers - Urban Amenity
- Formulation - Pellets and Granules
To register go to the Association of Applied Biologist page.
Registration deadline: 8 January 2018
At this conference, we are again going to present a “Per Gummer Andersen award” to an early career scientist working in this area, to enable them to attend the conference. This award will cover registration fees, including up to 3 nights' accommodation, and a contribution towards travel to the conference. To apply for this award, please send your CV and a 1 page report on why you think this award should be presented to you by 31 August to Dr Tom Robinson at email@example.com. The successful applicant will be informed of the committee's decision by 30 September 2017.