This one day course is for anyone wanting to improve their skills in recognising and reporting wildlife crime or when acting as a witness.
This course is part of the Bearing Witness for Wildlife Conservation Wildlife Crime Project. The project recognises that wildlife crime is not currently recorded, investigated or prosecuted effectively and this training course will help us start addressing this need.
The course will be presented by Craig Fellowes assisted by our own Conservation Wildlife Crime Officer Pete Charleston. Between them they have over sixty years policing experience and almost 50 years investigating wildlife crime.
- Recognising wildlife crime
- Reporting wildlife crime
- Assisting Police investigations
- Acting as a witness of fact and an expert witness - what to expect during police investigations and in court
- Conservation impact statements
- Wildlife crime sentencing and Proceeds of Crime Act.
This event is provided by the Bat Conservation Trust
, please see their website for further information and booking.