Register for Pharmacology 2017, the flagship annual meeting of the British Pharmacological Society.
Registration is free for members of the BPS and £295 for non-members for the full three days (£170 for student non-members).
The Pharmacology meeting attracts over 1,000 scientists each year from across the world, with delegates able to participate in more sessions than ever before. The programme for Pharmacology 2017 features 15 symposia and 4 workshops covering pharmacology in all its forms. 90% of attendees from last year's meeting said that they were satisfied or more than satisfied with the scientific content, and this year looks set to be just as good with lectures from:
For the first time we will be accepting late-breaking abstracts. The deadline for submissions is Thursday 16 November 2017 (11:59 GMT).
- Professor Lucie Clapp FBPhS, University College London, UK (AstraZeneca Women in Pharmacology Prize Lecturer)
- Dr James Dear, University of Edinburgh, UK (Grahame-Smith Prize Lecturer)
- Professor Graeme Henderson HonFBPhS, University of Bristol, UK (Gary Price Lecturer)
- Professor Sarah Hilmer, University of Sydney, Australia (ASCEPT Lecturer)
A late-breaking abstract should:
- Highlight the latest high-impact science that will have an immediate and significant effect upon researchers and practitioners
- Comprise results that were not yet known, or fully available, on the regular abstract submission deadline, 8 September 2017.
Abstract submissions are open to everyone including undergraduates so this may be of particular interest to 3rd year undergraduate students and their supervisors. If that's you, why not consider submitting or supporting the submission of an extract based on findings from an honours research project, BSc or MSc? We look forward to the prospect of an even more diverse mix of poster presentations at our annual meeting.
The selection of abstracts will be based on scientific quality and novelty of research in basic or clinical science, or education. Authors will be notified of the status of their submission on Thursday 23 November 2017.
If you are considering submitting a late-breaking abstract, kindly note:
- Late-breaking abstracts will normally be accepted for poster presentation only
- You will need to register to attend Pharmacology 2017 online by 1 December 2017 in order to benefit from complimentary (BPS members only) or reduced registration fees
- Be prepared to make any travel arrangements at short notice (only 2.5 weeks before Pharmacology 2017 starts)
- The abstract title and body copy (where permission has been given) will be published in the conference app.
- No changes can be made to abstracts once submitted, however, you are welcome to bring an updated poster to the conference
Further information can be found on the British Pharmacological Society website.