Take a few hours out of your day to reassess the purpose of your role and how to achieve key tasks. Look at ways to manage the less productive tasks and pick up lots of practical tips and techniques to help make things run more smoothly. Take away a list of simple habit changes that can make a difference to the way you work.
This workshop will help you to:
- identify the key tasks that you need to achieve for effective performance
- reduce and manage reactive and less productive tasks
- prioritise tasks based on urgency and importance
- plan to do lists, task lists and diaries
- recognise and deal with procrastination
- set up an effective system to deal with paperwork and emails
- course content and participants' objectives
- the purpose of your role and how it fits into the bigger picture
- identifying active tasks and ways to spend less time reacting
- important versus urgent matrix
- batching and scheduling techniques
- how to recognise and eliminate "busy" tasks
- task planning
- daily planning: managing the diary and to-do list
- recognising and overcoming procrastination
- handling paperwork and email
This is an interactive course, participants will work in small groups. The emphasis is on people developing an action plan, with practical tasks and habit changes, to which they feel committed.
Kathey Bailey (Ba, Chartered FCIPD, TAP certified, TrainerBase Certified Learning Practitioner) worked in the computer industry followed by recruitment and training consultancy work. Since then she has delivered more than 1,600 training programmes for a wide range of organisations, including the pharmaceutical, energy, NGO and institutes and associations sectors.
Certification and Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
This event has been approved by the Royal Society of Biology for purposes of CPD and can be counted as 9 CPD points.
A certificate of attendance will be provided to those who complete this course.
Due to the interactive nature of this course we can accommodate up to a maximum 15 people: Please book early to avoid disappointment.
Society members - £80 + VAT
Staff and members of Member Organisation
, Staff of HUBS
members - £120 + VAT
Non-members - £190 + VAT
Non-members who have completed a membership application
and made payment can also benefit from the discounted member rate.Group-booking discounts
of up to 10% are now available, for Members and Member Organisations who would like to send four or more of their staff on this course. If you would like to make a group booking please contact our training officer
If you are booking on behalf of a colleague please add your contact details in the special requirements box.
For further information about the course please contact our training officer
Cancellation with over 10 working days' notice = 100% refund, less 25% admin fee
Cancellation with 5-10 working days' notice = 50% refund, less 25% admin fee
Cancellation with less than 5 working days' notice = 0% refundThe Royal Society of Biology reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a training event up to 10 working days before the event is due to take place. A full refund will be issued.
If the Royal Society of Biology is required to cancel or reschedule a training event with under 10 working days' notice due to unforeseen circumstances, a full refund will be issued and 50% of attendee pre-paid travel will be compensated.