Teachers and Careers Advisors
Advanced degree accreditation can help students considering a career in research to find the right degree programme for them
Degrees with advanced accreditation will provide opportunities for students to develop their knowledge and expertise, and gain substantial research experience.
Advanced Degree Accreditation
The Royal Society of Biology provides careers resources to support secondary, undergraduate, and post-graduate students throughout their career development.
As a part of this, the Advanced Degree Accreditation can help secondary students who are considering a career in the biosciences make decisions about which degree programme will suit their chosen career. Our resources include:
- A list of Advanced Accredited degrees
- Find Out About Our Advanced Degree Accreditation will give you in-depth information about Degree Accreditation and its aims and objectives.
- Choose the Right Degree, Find the Right Job gives pre-application students an idea of what to expect from a degree with advanced accreditation by the Royal Society of Biology and the sort of career it might prepare them for.
Education and careers resources
We provide careers resources and support for all stages of education and beyond; this includes:
- HE newsletter - sign up for updates on events, policy, Royal Society of Biology HE work, and the Degree Accreditation Programme via mySociety
- Education policy - we aim to provide Government and policy makers with evidence-based opinion regarding education in the biosciences
- Journal of Biological Education - features the latest policy and curriculum developments, and research into teaching, learning, and education in biology