The aims of the UKPSF are to:
- Increase understanding of the significance of plant and crop science among Government, funders, industry and society in general.
- Formulate a coordinated strategy and vision for plant and crop science in the UK that will be utilised to inform policy.
- Help to improve the general funding environment for UK plant and crop science research and education.
- Create a forum for debate that is independent and inclusive across the breadth of plant science.
- Provide a focus and contact point for UK plant and crop science.
- Support efforts to inspire, educate and train the next generation of plant and crop scientists.
The UKPSF liaises with Government, devolved administrations, funding bodies, industry, scientific bodies, learned societies, community research groupings, those involved in the setting of education curricula, end users and general society to achieve the aims outlined above.
UKPSF members as published on 6.11.17.