Watch our Biology Week 2018 debate on the science of artificial intelligence
The inclusion of self-learning algorithms into systems that underpin modern life could help us address many of the global challenges society faces. But they also carry risks that may have devastating results. Can AI truly save the world, or is it too risky to depend on machine learning to solve our problems?
Hear our panellists discuss this fascinating topic.
- Dr Aarathi Prasad - Writer and Broadcaster (Chair)
- Dr Ji Zhou - Phenomics Project Leader, Earlham Institute
- Dr A Aldo Faisal - Senior Lecturer in Neurotechnology, Imperial College London
- Professor Maja Pantic - Group Leader of i.bug, Imperial College London
- Professor Nasir Rajpoot - Computational Pathology, University of Warwick
Watch on YouTube
A recording of this event will be re-released on the RSB's YouTube channel for Biology Week 2020. Subscribe to the RSB's YouTube channel to be notified when it goes live. Read our news story and see social media highlights on our Twitter Moments.
This event was presented in partnership with the Royal Society of Biology, the Biochemical Society, the British Pharmacological Society and the Royal Institution for Biology Week 2018.
Find out about other Biology Week 2020 events on our calendar!