A Transmitting Science Course
This course will cover the following:
- Introduction to NGS sequencing platforms.
- Introduction to basic command lines.
- Basic raw data manipulations (counting sequences, listing files).
- Raw data QC & Cleaning.
- Introduction to TOGGLe, a NGS pipeline framework.
- Mapping: principle, tools, execution.
- Mapping: cleaning, data control, realigning, duplicates marking.
- SNP calling: raw calling, cleaning calling, filtering.
- VCF manipulations: filtering on MAF, heterozygosity…
- Impact of SNPs on genes.
- Population genomics using sNMF
- Context-based analyses.
- Piping large scale analyses for multiple samples using TOGGLe.
- Testing new tools and different conditions to answer different biological questions.
Attendees are required to have a graduate or postgraduate degree in biomedical or life sciences. All participants must bring their own laptop with the following software installed: Putty (windows only), Filezilla and Komodo Edit. Further details on accomodation, schedule and instructors can be found on the transmitting science webpage
Booking and cost
All RSB members are entitled to a 20% discount off course costs. To find out more about fees and book the event visit the transmitting science webpage