Short talks from a panel of scientists and clinicians on the COVID-19 pandemic.
Common signs of COVID-19 infection are similar to the common cold. They include respiratory symptoms such as dry cough, fever, shortness of breath, and breathing difficulties. In more severe cases, the infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure, and death.
As the #COVID19 pandemic has spread throughout the world, the information available has been both confusing and conflicting in some cases. This is in part due to the virus being one which has not been studied in great depth before. This event is not an update on the science, global situation or debate of public policy.
This event will be is an insight into how the virus immune response is initiated and a collection of personal perspectives and reflections of those working on the front line in the battle against COVID19.
Disclaimer: This is not an event which provides medical advice, clinical diagnosis or political debate.
• Viral Immunologist (Cardiff University)
• Science Commentator (This Week in Virology)
• Consultant Epidemiologist (Public Health Wales)
• Laboratory Scientist (Public Health Wales, Regional Laboratory - Swansea)
• ITU/Critical Care Consultant (Aneurin Bevan University Health Board)
• Patient 1 (Medical Doctor - Training disruption)
• Patient 2 (Consultant Surgeon - Strange side effects post-infection)
Cost and booking
This event is free to attend and open to all. Advance registration is essential through the link at the top of the page, in order to be sent the meeting joining link ahead of the event.