Our Train the Trainer Essentials workshop has been designed for anyone brand new to training or with less than six months of experience. It's also perfect if training is part of your role, and you'd like to learn how to train more effectively.
What does the course cover?
You will cover the following:
- Gain greater insight into your strengths and the areas to work on
- Identify what makes a great learning experience
- The difference between learner-focused and trainer-focused training styles
- The Learning Trough and how it affects learning
- The key stages of KOLB's Learning Cycle
- Different learning styles needing different ways of learning in order to succeed
- Techniques for involving and engaging your learners
- Making your content memorable for your learners
- Measuring skills transfer to ensure the learning objectives have been met
- Troubleshoot the challenging situations that you might struggle to deal with and the solutions to tackle these positively
Who is the course trainer?
Maureen Egbe joined Happy as an Associate trainee trainer in November 2012 and within two years became a Senior Trainer. As well as being a trainer, she is also an ex-athlete and athletics coach - an interest that compliments her training skills, using activities to engage delegates keeping training interesting and fun. Maureen is also an NLP Certified coach.
Certification and Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
A certificate of attendance will be provided after the event.
We evaluate all of our training events, to make sure that we maintain a high quality of training.
This event has been approved by the Royal Society of Biology for purposes of CPD
and can be counted as 18 CPD points.How this course supports registers competencies:
This course has been identified as supporting competency development for: Registered Scientist (RSci)
and Registered Science Technician (RSciTech)
Members - £240 + VAT
Members of Member Organisations, SCAS members - £300 + VAT
Non-members - £600 + VAT
Non-members who have completed a membership application and made payment can also benefit from the discounted member rate.
For further information about the course please contact our Training and Development Officer at email@example.com
or on 020 7685 2578
Cancellation with over 10 working days' notice = 100% refund, less 25% admin fee
Cancellation with 5-10 working days' notice = 50% refund, less 25% admin fee
Cancellation with less than 5 working days' notice = 0% refund
The Royal Society of Biology reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a training event up to 10 working days before the event is due to take place. A full refund will be issued.
If the Royal Society of Biology is required to cancel or reschedule a training event with under 10 working days' notice due to unforeseen circumstances, a full refund will be issued and 50% of attendee prepaid travel will be compensated.