- 23 September 2013
We are pleased to reveal that judging has taken place for the Society of Biology's annual amateur photography competition and the shortlist has been announced. The shortlisted entries were featured in The Telegraph on Sunday and will also shortly be available to view on our website.
The 2013 theme was Feeding Life and with almost 600 entries the judges had a hard task narrowing them down to the 12 shortlisted below:
- Feeding Young by Kim Chong Keat
- Fight for Life Cycle by Bambang Setyawan
- The Fishermen by Debdatta Chakraborty
- Dinner Plate by Kristhian Castro Valencia
- Hunting Nectar by Putu Sudiarta
- Jumping Spider Eats Insect by Jack Settle
- Feeding the Nature by Alexandre Porto da Rocha Coutinho
- De-stoning by Partha Pratim Saha
- Rain - The Source of Drinking Water by Khalid Rayhan Shawon
- Squirrel Feast by Rebecca Condruti
- Genetic Engineering by Gabija Vyšniauskaitė
- Bad Day, Good Day by Paddy Ryan
The Society of Biology would like to thank the chair of the juding panel Catherine Draycott and judges Heather Angel, Louise Murray and Linda Pitkin.