Welcome to the regional pages for East Anglia. Full details of national and local events are available on our events pages.
Upcoming branch events
Tuesday 12 July, 14:00-15:15
Dr Anna Forde, University of Cambridge, will be running this CV and cover letter writing workshop, and giving insights into what it takes to produce a good job application for research and development roles in biotech and pharma. Attendees will also learn what makes a good CV stand out in the eyes of a recruiter and how to analyse a job description in order to write a convincing cover letter.
Monday 18 July, 14:00-15:15
Sarah Blackford, a qualified higher education careers advisor, will be running this workshop which aims to help PhD students, postdocs and early career researchers review their networking presence and increase their ability to present themselves professionally to prospective employers. There will also be the opportunity for group work and a Q&A discussion.
Visit the reports section to find out about past events the branch have run.
Visit the branch demographics to see the numbers and locations of our members (Dated January 2022).
Download the AGM minutes from our most recent AGM held in October 2021
Chair: Miss Natalie Lamb RSci MRSB
Secretary: Dr Penny Maplestone FRSB
Member: Professor David Harper CBiol MRSB; Dr Liliya Serazetdinova FRSB; Professor Richard Bowater FRSB
Please get in touch by emailing email@example.com
We are looking to set up a diverse new committee, encompassing the full range of member types from students and associates through to Fellows, to plan events for the year ahead and respond to regional members. As a result, we would be very happy to hear from you, and particularly welcome feedback from members in Norfolk and Suffolk about opportunities nearer to home, you might even help us with their organisation.
- Are there activities you would like to suggest?
- Do you know of venues which could offer interesting visits?
- Are there topics which you would like addressed by speakers or symposia?
- Could you suggest how we might engage more extensively with educational institutions, schools, colleges and universities?
- Would you like to know about opportunities in the region offered by other bodies such as the universities and wildlife trusts?
- How do you think we can better communicate with and inform members?
- Would you, as a member, be prepared to give a talk or provide a venue for a visit or event?
We look forward to hearing from you with ideas and hopefully see you at some of our events over the next year.