Employer Advisory Group
The Employer Advisory Group (EAG) provides an interface between employers and the Royal Society of Biology to:
- provide a mechanism whereby employers can bring their views and concerns to the attention of the Society's Council for wider debate and future action
- provide a vehicle to facilitate employer engagement to contribute to consultations and influence the Society's policy activities
- advise the Royal Society of Biology and have an input on important policy issues, for example feeding directly into degree accreditation
- establish and facilitate a network of employers of professional biologists
The group is chaired by Dr Yvonne Armitage and the members of the EAG are:
- Yvonne Armitage, Knowledge Transfer Network
- Jon Day, Royal Society of Biology/Cerebrus Associates
- Michael Graz, Neem Biotech
- Bryan Hanley, Bioscience KTN
- Andrew Croydon, Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI)
- Anthony Walker, Alacrita
- Kate Barclay, Kate Barclay Consulting Limited
- Louise Leong, AstraZeneca
- Stephen Palmer, Centre for Stress Management
- Sarah Perfect, Syngenta
- Molly Price-Jones, Tybio Ltd
- Selly Saini, Inside Biometrics
- Steve Setford, LifeScan
- Mike Whelan, iQur
- Duncan Wynn, GE Healthcare
- Christopher Stanley, CellCap Technologies Ltd
- Linda Holliday, Medical Research Council
Rachel Lambert-Forsyth (Director of Membership and Professional Affairs)
Joanne Needham (Professional Development Manager)
Amrat Khorana (Training and Development Officer)
Download the latest Industry and Employer newsletter.
Find out about the latest funding opportunities available to people working in industry.
The RSB has launched an Employer Engagement Forum
We invite Member Organisations of the RSB, to nominate appropriate committee members and/or staff members to join this new forum. We would also like to invite Supporting Member Organisations to nominate members for the forum.
The forum is open to EAG members and nominated representatives from our Member Organisations, who have an interest in supporting employer needs. Forum members will be invited to participate in relevant discussions and to provide comment on consultation responses as they arise. The forum will also offer contributors the opportunity to raise issues affecting them, or their members, and seek feedback from those on the group. The employer forum will feed directly into the work of the EAG.
In order to gain a truly representative view on employer issues, the Society’s Employer Forum aims to widen opportunities for engagement on employer issues, to encompass our Member Organisations and Supporting Member Organisations who may not have representatives within our EAG. Being part of this forum will allow your organisation to have your say on employer issues which are of importance to you.
Nominated members will be automatically subscribed to our bi-monthly Industry and Employer newsletter, which provides updates on relevant issues. If members would like to provide an item for inclusion in this newsletter please email Amrat Khorana. We have also set up an Employer Engagement Forum LinkedIn Group, for which nominated members will receive a LinkedIn invitation; this is a space in which current employer issues can be discussed. Members are welcome to raise issues for discussion in this space and may upload relevant posts. The group will be moderated by the Society.
Please send your nominations to Amrat Khorana. Nominations should include the nominee’s name (and LinkedIn name if this is different), job title, organisation name, and email address. Each organisation may nominate up to five members.