Bioscience Careers Day
Find out about the variety of careers open to bioscience students at the annual Royal Society of Biology Bioscience Careers Day (BCD) on Saturday 26th October 2019 at Middlesex University
What happens at the careers day?
- Talks from experts in the field about the variety of careers available to bioscience graduates
- Practice interviews to sharpen your technique for future employers
- Speed networking with the expert speakers
- An exhibition with representatives from learned societies and top organisations
- Networking with bioscience professionals and other students from across the UK
- Q&A discussions on career opportunities in plant science, and alternative careers available with a bioscience degree
Who can attend?
BCD is aimed at undergraduate and Master's students. PhD students, postdocs, careers advisors and school students considering a bioscience degree are also very welcome. Employers looking to meet talented students focussed on their future careers, should contact Harriet McAra at firstname.lastname@example.org and find out about sponsorship and exhibition opportunities.
BCD takes place from 10:30-16:30 and a detailed programme will be uploaded in advance of the event. The day will be made up of talks on careers in industry, science communication, publishing, academia, ecology, teaching and more. Check out top presentations from our past events. What career would you like to know more about? Get in touch with the events team or tweet us #RSBcareersDay.
£10 - BCD ticket
£15 - BCD ticket and Undergraduate RSB membership
£15 - BCD ticket and Master's RSB membership
RSB student affiliate (undergraduate) and associate (Master's) membership costs £15. With this exclusive event offer, new student members will get a years' membership and free attendance at our popular Bioscience Careers Day.
If you have any questions about this event, including group bookings and sponsorship enquiries, contact Harriet McAra at email@example.com.
BCD is the perfect opportunity for sponsors and exhibitors to engage with talented bioscience students from across the UK. It will provide you with a unique opportunity to:
- Connect with over 400 life science undergraduates from universities across England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales
- Reach over 5,000 undergraduates through online exposure
- Build brand recognition within the life sciences community
- Demonstrate your support for the next generation of UK scientists
We would like to take the opportunity to say thank you to the many exhibitors and sponsors who have made previous events possible:
Agenda Resource Management, AstraZeneca, BBSRC, Biochemical Society, British Ecological Society, British Pharmacological Society, British Society of Soil Science, British Toxicology Society, Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management, CK Science, Cogent, Cranfield University, European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Global Nomadic, Institute of Animal Technology, Matchtech, National School of Healthcare Science, Naturejobs, Nature Publishing Group, NI Water, Norbrook, Orangutan Tropical Peatland Project, Randox, Royal Veterinary College, Science Careers, Society for Endocrinology, Microbiology Society, Teach First, The Open University, The Physiological Society, Unilever, University of Surrey and University of Ulster.