Bioscience Careers Day
Our flagship event for undergraduates studying for a biological degree was held on Saturday 14th October 2017 at King's College London
Building on the success of previous careers conferences, last year's Bioscience Careers Festival was the single biggest event in the Royal Society of Biology's history. It welcomed 500 students from across the UK and was coordinated by the Society's Careers Committee.
What happened at our careers day?
- Talks from experts in the field about the variety of careers for bioscience grads
- Mock interviews to sharpen your technique for future employers
- An exhibition with representatives from a variety of top organisations
- Tours of the Gordon Museum
- Networking with bioscience professionals and other students from across the UK
This event was aimed at undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate students. Careers advisors and school students considering a bioscience degree were also very welcome.
A detailed programme is online and talks will be available soon. Check out previous presentations on our careers pages. What career would you like to know more about? Get in touch with the events team or tweet us #RSBcareersDay.
£15 booking fee with a £10 refund after attending.
That's only £5 to cover lunch. To secure your place, a £15 deposit must be paid in advance, upon attendance £10 will be refunded into your bank account. You must check-in at the registration desk on the day to be eligible for this refund.
The Bioscience Careers Day is the perfect opportunity for exhibitors to engage with enthusiastic bioscience students from across the UK. It will provide you with a unique opportunity to:
- Connect with over 500 life science undergraduates from universities across England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales
- Reach over 5,000 undergraduates through online exposure
- Build brand recognition within the life sciences community
- Demonstrate your support for the next generation of UK scientists
We would like to take the opportunity to say thank you to the many exhibitors and sponsors who have made previous events possible:
Agenda Resource Management, AstraZeneca, BBSRC, Biochemical Society, British Ecological Society, British Pharmacological Society, British Society of Soil Science, British Toxicology Society, Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management, CK Science, Cogent, Cranfield University, European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Global Nomadic, Institute of Animal Technology, Matchtech, National School of Healthcare Science, Naturejobs, Nature Publishing Group, NI Water, Norbrook, Orangutan Tropical Peatland Project, Randox, Royal Veterinary College, Science Careers, Society for Endocrinology, Microbiology Society, Teach First, The Open University, The Physiological Society, Unilever, University of Surrey and University of Ulster.