Bioscience Careers Day
Our flagship event for bioscience students was on Saturday 27th October 2018 at Manchester Metropolitan University
Building on the success of previous careers events, our Bioscience Careers Day welcomed almost 300 students from across the UK. The event was coordinated by the Royal Society of Biology's Careers Committee.
What happens at the careers day?
- Talks from experts in the field about the variety of careers available to bioscience graduates - download presentations
- Mock interviews to sharpen your technique for future employers
- Speed networking with the expert speakers
- An exhibition with representatives from learned societies and top organisations
- Networking with bioscience professionals and other students from across the UK
Who can attend?
BCD is aimed at undergraduate and Master's students. PhD students, postdocs, careers advisors and school students considering a bioscience degree were also very welcome. Employers looking to meet talented students focussed on their future careers, should contact Ellie Oakley email@example.com and find out about future sponsorship and exhibition opportunities.
BCD was from 10:30-16:30 and you can download a pdf programme. We've had talks on careers in industry, science communication, publishing, academia, ecology, patent law, teaching and more at past events. Check out top presentations from our past events. What career would you like to know more about? Get in touch with the events team or tweet us #RSBcareersDay.
£10 - BCD ticket
£15 - BCD ticket and Undergraduate RSB membership
£15 - BCD ticket and Master's RSB membership
RSB student affiliate (undergraduate) and associate (Master's) membership costs £15. With this exclusive event offer, new student members will get a years' membership and FREE attendance at our popular Bioscience Careers Day.
If you have any questions about this event, including group bookings and sponsorship enquiries, contact Ellie Oakley at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 7685 2576.
BCD is the perfect opportunity for sponsors and exhibitors to engage with talented bioscience students from across the UK. It will provide you with a unique opportunity to:
- Connect with over 400 life science undergraduates from universities across England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales
- Reach over 5,000 undergraduates through online exposure
- Build brand recognition within the life sciences community
- Demonstrate your support for the next generation of UK scientists
We would like to take the opportunity to say thank you to the many exhibitors and sponsors who have made previous events possible:
Agenda Resource Management, AstraZeneca, BBSRC, Biochemical Society, British Ecological Society, British Pharmacological Society, British Society of Soil Science, British Toxicology Society, Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management, CK Science, Cogent, Cranfield University, European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Global Nomadic, Institute of Animal Technology, Matchtech, National School of Healthcare Science, Naturejobs, Nature Publishing Group, NI Water, Norbrook, Orangutan Tropical Peatland Project, Randox, Royal Veterinary College, Science Careers, Society for Endocrinology, Microbiology Society, Teach First, The Open University, The Physiological Society, Unilever, University of Surrey and University of Ulster.