The Registered Scientist (RSci) professional recognition award is open to members of the Royal Society of Biology who can also demonstrate the required professional competences and a commitment to CPD. It carries an annual fee of £20.50.
Professional Recognition allows you to demonstrate your skills, knowledge and commitment to self-development at each stage of your career. By providing a pathway and assistance to progression, the Royal Society of Biology is with you throughout your career.
Registered Scientist is a nationally recognised professional award which has a recognised standard of competence and expertise which:
- Demonstrates your skills experience and knowledge
- Signals your commitment to continuous improvement by undertaking continual professional development (CPD)
- Exemplifies your transferable skills
- Improves your professional status and recognition
- Allows the use of the letters RSci after your name
- Provides progression to the higher awards of Chartered Status
- Gives access to life-long learning via membership of the Royal Society of Biology
Further explanatory notes on competencies. For further information and guidance, please see our example RSci application. Please note this document should be used for guidance only, and not as a template.
Industry Skills Certificate
The Industry Skills certificate supports applicants working towards Registered Scientist (RSci) status by supporting development in one or more of the following competency areas:
- Application of knowledge and understanding
- Personal responsibility
- Interpersonal skills
- Professional practice
- Professional standards
For more information email us or call 020 3925 3457.
To start your application, visit our members area mySociety.
The Royal Society of Biology is committed to ensuring equal opportunities in the life sciences, and supports diversity throughout the pipeline; at school and higher education, in the workplace and training.