Schools and Colleges are able to become members of the Royal Society of Biology through SCAS membership, which is specifically designed to be both accessible and affordable, providing a wide range of benefits to staff and students.
- Subscription to the Journal of Biological Education - our international quarterly journal featuring the latest research into biology teaching, learning and assessment.
- Subscription of The Biologist - the RSB membership magazine. Published four times a year, this is an excellent source of classroom material.
- All pupils aged 14 - 19 are eligible to register for free BioNet membership - providing online access to The Biologist, a number of interesting emailed articles and competitions.
- All staff receive a 30% discount on individual RSB membership - providing access to post nominal letters, professional registers (including Chartered Science Teacher - CSciTeach), our CPD scheme, significantly discounted training courses, invitations to a range of events and a subscription to The Biologist.
- All staff receive discounts of up to 50% on our training courses.
UK Schools annual fee: £60
Overseas Schools annual fee: £110
To become a SCAS member please contact us including the name and address of your school or college.
The Royal Society of Biology is committed to ensuring equal opportunities in the life sciences, and supports diversity throughout the pipeline; at school and higher education, in the workplace and training.
Through our partnership with the Biochemical Society, we are also able to offer:
- SciberBrain: A collection of resources covering 'Biology in the Real World' topics aimed at Years 9 and 10.
FREE online and hard copy careers-related resources for school and college students
These resources highlight what biochemistry is and the opportunities available to those who study the molecular biosciences. These include:
- case studies of real bioscience graduates
- a prospectus outlining entry requirements and open days of all UK molecular bioscience courses on offer
- careers information leaflets
Scientific outreach grants
The Biochemical Society offers up to £1000 grants to support exciting and inspiring bioscience activities aimed at young people and the public.
SCAS members can also access for free Natural England Invertebrate Conservation Slide Packs.