Schools and Colleges are able to become members of the Royal Society of Biology through SCAS membership, which is specifically designed to be both accessible and affordable, providing a wide range of benefits to staff and students.
- Subscription to the Journal of Biological Education - our international quarterly journal featuring the latest research into biology teaching, learning and assessment.
- Subscription of The Biologist - the RSB membership magazine. Published six times a year, this is an excellent source of classroom material.
- All pupils aged 14 - 19 are eligible to register for free BioNet membership - providing online access to The Biologist, a number of interesting emailed articles and competitions.
- All staff receive a 30% discount on individual RSB membership - providing access to post nominal letters, professional registers (including Chartered Science Teacher - CSciTeach), our CPD scheme, significantly discounted training courses, invitations to a range of events and a subscription to The Biologist.
UK Schools annual fee: £60
Overseas Schools annual fee: £110
To become a SCAS member please contact us including the name and address of your school or college.
Through our partnership with the Biochemical Society, we are also able to offer:
Latest developments on their FREE online teaching resources
- SciberBrain: A collection of resources covering 'Biology in the Real World' topics aimed at Years 9 and 10.
FREE online and hard copy careers-related resources for school and college students
These resources highlight what biochemistry is and the opportunities available to those who study the molecular biosciences. These include:
- case studies of real bioscience graduates
- a prospectus outlining entry requirements and open days of all UK molecular bioscience courses on offer
- careers information leaflets
Scientific outreach grants
The Biochemical Society offers up to £1000 grants to support exciting and inspiring bioscience activities aimed at young people and the public.
SCAS members can also access for free Natural England Invertebrate Conservation Slide Packs.