This award is currently closed to nominations until March 2024.
About the award
The Outreach and Engagement Award is intended to acknowledge and reward outreach work carried out by researchers who inform, enthuse and engage the public with their research.
Find out more about previous winners.
New Researcher - £750
Leadership in Outreach and Engagement - £1,500
- The Award is only open to researchers studying or working in any sector of UK biosciences, from universities, institutes or industry.
- Researchers who are paid for their outreach and engagement work are eligible to apply.
- There is no limit to the number of applications per year from an individual university, institute or other organisation.
- Work which has taken place in the last 24 months is eligible.
- Previous RSB Outreach and Engagement Award (formerly Science Communication Award) winners are not eligible to enter again, in the same category.
- Professional science communicators, outreach officers, public engagement staff and anyone working in outreach and engagement at 0.5 FTE or higher are not eligible for the Award.
Email email@example.com if you have any queries regarding this award.
Dr Aimee Eckert, Breast Cancer Now
Dr Liz Granger, University of Central Lancashire