To end Biology Week with style, we’re inviting biologists to take to Twitter on 13th October to celebrate the work that they do. We want biologists to tweet photos of themselves capturing their love for biology, using the hashtag #iamabiologist, to show the public that biology is a diverse and exciting area of science!
Want us to tweet about you from the RSB account?
We will be creating pre-made Twitter cards featuring biologists from all different specialisms and stages of their career to share on our Twitter page (@RoyalSocBio).
If you would like to be featured, email Caitlin Astbury with the following information:
- Your name as you would prefer to see it on the card, along with preferred title (Dr/Professor/Mr/Ms/Mrs/Miss etc)
- Your personal Twitter handle (if you have one)
- Your primary affiliated institution’s Twitter handle
- 50 to 80 words about what you do and why you enjoy being a biologist
- A high-res picture (preferably larger than 2MP (1600 x 1200), but no smaller than 1024 x 768) of yourself. These can be set anywhere, from the lab to the field, but they must have a link to your work in biology!
Make sure you get involved on the day too!
You can also get involved on the day. Tweet your photograph on 13th October using the hashtag #iamabiologist and mentioning @RoyalSocBio.
We will be selecting the best tweets to share on our Twitter page!